The Points of Support program was initially launched in 2015 by three Foundations, including the John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation, the Hellenic Hope charity organization and the TIMA Charitable Foundation. The program has been running and growing every year since, with the addition of the Captain Vassilis & Carmen Constantakopoulos Foundation, A. G. Leventis Foundation, A.C. Laskaridis Charitable Foundation, Costas M. Lemos Foundation and Bodossaki Foundation.
The Points of Support program provides “small grants to big ideas”, and is aimed at Greek private nonprofit and volunteer organizations, as well as social cooperative enterprises. The Program aims, on the one hand, to support original small-scale actions with maximum social impact for the benefit of vulnerable social groups and, on the other hand, to empower and build the capacity of the above civil society Organizations. The Program provides grants of up to five thousand Euros (€5,000) to each organization every year. Organizations are selected if they fall under one of the following thematic areas, as defined by the Program’s respective donors:
- Social integration of people with disabilities” (John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation)
- “Support of the elderly” (TIMA Charitable Foundation)
- “Support of children”:
- “Child protection” (Hellenic Hope)
- “Children and health” (Captain Vassilis and Carmen Constantakopoulos Foundation)
- “Children and the environment” ( G. Leventis Foundation)
- “Support of actions for the protection of the environment”
- “Protection of aquatic and coastal ecosystems” (A.C. Laskaridis Charitable Foundation)
- “Protection of forest and other terrestrial ecosystems” (Costas M. Lemos Foundation)
In addition to the grants, the Programme also includes free participation of the Organisations in capacity building activities, which will be funded and implemented by the Bodossaki Foundation, through Social Dynamo. Social Dynamo is an initiative of the Bodossaki Foundation, in partnership with the Municipality of Athens (through the SynAthina platform), aimed at strengthening civil society organizations and groups, with a focus on learning, professional support and networking. All Organizations are required to participate in a basic capacity building program.