Eight public benefit foundations come together once again in support of small civil society organizations through the “Points of Support” programme.
Eight public benefit foundations come together once again in support of small civil society organizations through the “Points of Support” programme
Open call for the 5th round of the programme
Eight public benefit foundations in Greece join forces once again in support of Civil Society and announce an open call for participation in the 5th funding round of the “Points of Support” programme. The latest round of the Programme, which began in 2015 and has funded 101 projects with more than 40,000 beneficiaries, is a joint initiative by the John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation, the TIMA Charitable Foundation, the Bodossaki Foundation, the Captain Vassilis and Carmen Constantakopoulos Foundation, the A. G. Leventis Foundation, the A.C. Laskaridis Charitable Foundation, the Costas M. Lemos Foundation, and the Social and Cultural Affairs Welfare Foundation (KIKPE). The new round of the Programme is coordinated by the Bodossaki Foundation.
“Points of Support” is directed at small Civil Society organisations in Greece, which it supports in realizing small-scale original projects with the highest possible social impact, bolstering their structures, and developing capacities that will contribute to their sustainability. The fifth round of the Programme will grant the amount of €5,000 to a maximum of thirty projects, each lasting up to six months and falling under one of the following thematic areas, as defined by the Programme’s respective donors:
- Social integration of people with disabilities
- Support of the elderly
- Support of vulnerable groups
- Support of projects for children
- Children and health
- Children and the environment
- Support of actions for the protection of the environment
- Protection of aquatic and coastal ecosystems
- Protection of forest and other terrestrial ecosystems
In addition to the grants, the Programme also includes the organizations’ free participation in capacity building activities, which will be funded and implemented by Social Dynamo, the NGO hub of the the Bodossaki Foundation.
Eligible for participation are organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Non-profit legal entities registered in Greece (associations, societies, non-profit civil organizations, etc), as well as social cooperative enterprises.
- Have an annual turnover of up to 50,000€ during the last fiscal year.
- Do not come under the jurisdiction of the State, and their activity is not of a religious, political or commercial nature.
Interested organizations may submit their applications by April 30, 2022. The results will be announced in July 2022.
More information is available here: https://www.bodossaki.gr/simeiastirixis-5os-kyklos/