The organization was founded in 1939 as an organization that provided health and pharmaceutical care to local residents in need. In 1969 it narrowed down its operation to that of a care home with the aim to provide shelter and care to indigent elders. Currently, it accommodates 57 elders.
The grant regards the provision of equipment for the care home. More specifically, the equipment consists of a video intercom system, wheelchairs for bedridden residents, physiotherapy equipment, and other related medical equipment. The grant will also cover kitchen amenities, and beds for the elders. The video intercom system will result in greater security in the premises of the care home as well as increased operational effectiveness.