The Meropion Charity Foundation was founded in 1914 by a group of Athenian women with the aim to educate indigent young girls. Until 1972, the Meropion focused on education while also expanding its philanthropic work to the offering of various goods and services, including food supplies and clothes, to those in need. In 1972, the Meropion narrowed its activities to the operation of a care home for elderly indigent women. Due to the growing number of residents, the Meropion care home moved to a newly renovated building in Kallithea in 2004. The 5-storey building can accommodate up to 33 elderly women in rooms with one to three beds.
The grant regards the provision of electrical appliances and daily meals.