Philanthropic Foundations of Mytilini - St. Georgios Mytilini Care Home
The Philanthropic Foundations of Mytilini were founded in 1917 through the fortune left behind by the Christian Community of Mytilini, operating under the Ottoman occupation. The Foundations’ aim is the operation of the St. Georgios Mytilini Care Home as well as the management of bequests. The Care Home’s operation commenced in 1938 with the goal of providing nursing and care to the senior residents of Lesvos Island. It is the largest of 2 nonprofit care homes on the island. It has an overall capacity of 114 and is divided in a regular care home accommodating 54 elders and a Chronic Illness Therapy Clinic housing 60 patients.
The grant regards the installation of solar panels. The installation of solar panels is especially significant as it will decrease Mytilini Care Home’s yearly fuel expense by 60%.