Orthodox Christian Corner
The Orthodox Christian Corner was founded in 1953 with the aim to offer material and moral support to people in need. The organization’s mission was materialized through the operation of the “Home for the Girl” shelter offering care and education for female tuberculosis survivors as well as the “Home for the Grandmother” shelter offering care to indigent blind elderly women. In the 1960s the two establishments united to create the “Home of Christian Love”. As years went by, the Home offered shelter and care to indigent elderly women with a focus on blindness. Today the Orthodox Christian Corner accommodates 27 elderly women.
The grant regards renovation works and the provision of equipment. More specifically, the renovation works involve the painting of the Care Home’s interior and the repair of the exterior plaster. The building has never been renovated or painted since its completion in 2003. The provision of equipment involves an electrical kitchen as well as furniture for the common area where the elders gather.